Nominate Someone Here by March 23rd: HERE
Apply Here by April 3rd at 11:59pm: HERE
Click Here for Positional Descriptions: HERE
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: APRIL 3RD AT 11:59PM
Do you sit around thinking of ways to improve your community? Have you ever thought of ideas, activities and/or events that may assist your peers throughout the semester? Do you want your voice to be heard, if so, now is the time. RSA 2020 Executive Board Applications open March 9, 2020.
Your next question may be, what position should I run for and am I qualified?
The answer, RSA has many positions from the President to the Director of Communications. First, you must have a min. cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and if you’re running for President candidates must hold one year of experience within RSA in order to run.
Positions and Responsibilities (lists do not include full responsibilities):
- The President shall schedule and preside over all RSA Executive Board and General Body Meeting.
- The President is the official spokesperson for RSA and will be the designated person to respond to media inquiries as they arise.
- The President shall assemble committees, both permanent and temporary, as needed.
- The Vice President fills in for the President in the event they cannot fulfill their duties.
- The VP serves as the liaison for collaborations with Campus Partners and Student Organizations.
- The VP supports other Exec members as needed.
Director of Advocacy and Leadership (DAL)
- The DAL will actively assess and examine the needs and concerns of resident students. These methods may include, but are not limited to, surveys, benchmarking assessments, resident interviews, and discussions with campus administrators.
- The DAL will maintain connections made with other on-campus organizations and departments.
- The DAL shall assist in hosting a semesterly Town Hall and a semesterly Leadership Summit.
National Communications Coordinator (NCC)
- The NCC shall serve as the liaison between NACURH Inc. (National Association of College and University Residence Halls), CAACURH (Central Atlantic Association of College and University Halls), and the Resident Student Association.
- The NCC shall serve as the official representative of NACURH Inc. and CAACURH at UMBC.
- The NCC shall serve as the official representative of RSA to NACURH Inc. and CAACURH.
Director of Finance (DOF)
- The DOF will establish semester or annual budgets.
- The DOF will work with the National Communications Coordinator to establish budgets for travel and conference expenses.
- The DOF will work with Community Council Representatives to establish guidelines for budgetary allocations, and provide monthly budgetary updates for Community Councils.
Director of Communications (DOC)
- The DOC will oversee the accessibility and availability of information generated by RSA.
- The DOC will maintain and update all of the RSA social media accounts, and ensure current information is posted in a timely manner.
- The DOC will record meeting minutes at the General Body and Executive Board meetings.
Director of Events (DOE)
- The DOE will act as adviser for all major RSA events (i.e. Block Party, Midnight Breakfast, etc.).
- The DOE shall be responsible for overseeing the appointment of chairs of major RSA events.
- The DOE shall work as an event adviser to Community Councils when needed.
For a complete job description or if you have questions contact RSA!